Accident with another

01:30 am 25.01.2019
Car / Motorcycle
01:30 am 25.01.2019

Hello, i am driving a singapore car at malaysia and got into an accident with another motor on the expressway. I was travelling in my own lane and waiting to merge into the expressway, but a motor cut across the chevron and bang into my front right fender. He suffer minor injuries, with the pillion rider broken leg. I took my statement at the police station and went back to SG and will be back once the officer contact me. My question now is that what will possibly be the outcome of this, will it carry any jail term? Also do the motor insurance cover the motor rider n passenger medical fees and all?

IBanding Services
View Profile

Petaling Jaya, Selangor

01:57 pm 25.01.2019

Dear Twinlight, 

Can you share which insurance company you have in Singapore? Important, you need to inform your insurance company that you have made an accident in Malaysia. Your insurance company will inform you, what documents to provide and what the next steps are. 

To answer one of your question: "Do motor insurance cover the motor rider n passenger medical fees and all?" 

Your car insurance will cover damages to all "Third Parties" involved. This means that rider and passenger will be compensated, if you are at fault. 

Are you an insurance agent? Sign-up here. As a registered user, you have the opportunity to get notified about new entries about this question.